About two years ago, I first heard of Trim Healthy Mama, from a friend who randomly sent me information about this plan. I looked into it, joined the main Facebook group and proceeded to get really confused about it!
I was encouraged to simply purchase the book, and learn what I needed too, in order to do the plan. I’ll admit, I was like “Oh, it’s another fad diet, what will I have to restrict on this one?!” 6 months after I joined that group, I finally purchased the first book. (They’ve since come out with a few more, which explain the plan more simply and quickly, and a cookbook with glorious pictures and recipes!)
When I started reading the plan, I started crying. Why? Because for the first time, I’d found a plan for eating that didn’t restrict any food group, I’d found a plan that had a simple and easy transition to maintenance already spelled out, I’d found a plan that offered grace, and mercy to yourself. I found a plan that felt like coming home to a favorite meal, and the smell greets you at the door before you walk in.
The premise is simple, and if you join the FB groups before getting the books, you will get confused. It seems to be a newbies right of passage around these parts. 🙂
Since reading the first book, and the subsequent ones, I’m always learning something new, some new aspect of the plan, and how it helps me, or not.
This plan is for anyone, and every family situation.
- Have an allergy? THM has you covered.
- Have a budget? THM has you covered.
- Have picky eaters? THM has you covered.
- Only eat whole foods? THM has you covered.
- Eat out a lot? THM has you covered.
- Family of 4+? THM has you covered.
- Are you single? THM has you covered.
- Are you a minor? THM has you covered.
- Are you in your golden years? THM has you covered.
- Serious health problems? THM has you covered.
- Hormonal problems? THM has you covered.
No matter your lifestyle, THM has us covered…the beauty of this is that no two THMers meals and life look the same.
- It’s true food freedom. No dogma. No gimmicks. No guilt. No banning of food groups.
- You will avoid sugar, and high glycemic bread flours. And instead learn how what you eat, effects your blood sugar levels, which in turn relate to food-eating mood swings.
- Instead of avoiding sweets, you’ll learn how to make them in such a way, that keeps your sugars stable, and your tummy highly satisfied.
- Instead of being guilty about eating that chocolate, you’ll find some replacements that will rev up your metabolism…and if she’s like mine, she’s been long dormant and neeeeeds to come out and play! 😉
- Want a hot from the oven slice of yummy bread, with lots of yummy toppings like lean chicken breast, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, with a smear of mustard? Bingo…you can! That’s an energizing (E) meal.
- Maybe a meal from the crock-pot is calling your name, and it’s a whole chicken, with butter sauce, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, and a side salad topped with sunflower seeds, a few chopped olives and a drizzle of EVOO? Amazing, you have a satisfying (S) meal!
Okay, I can hear you…WHAT is this Energizing, and Satisfying?
Energizing meals (E) are low fat, high carb meals. But the carb limits are NOT sky high, no…they are reasonable carb loads, that our bodies and easily handle, without adding to our waist lines.
Satisfying meals (S) are high fat, low carb meals. The sky is the limit for these meals, regarding fat. However a word of caution…don’t go overboard with the fats. Some with hormonal problems and certain illnesses need to use common sense with these.
I sound like a spokesperson…but I’m not.
I’m a struggling with her weight and her diet dogma working Mama, who just wants to be healthy, and give her children a healthy relationship with food!
If you’re tired of living under “eat this but NOT that” type diets, then you need to consider Trim Healthy Mama as your next (and last!) option.
If you want a quick guide on how to get started while waiting for your books to arrive, try Gwens Quick Start Guide I promise you won’t be disappointed! This is what I used before my first books arrived.
If you want to join the main Facebook group, here’s the link: Trim Healthy Mama FB group
If you have questions, I’ll help you…together we can do this. Together, we will kick guilt to the curb, and embrace grace, freedom and delighted tastebuds! 😉
*I am not affiliate with THM in any way, I get nothing from expressing my thoughts about the plan.
*Disclaimer: I follow the Trim Healthy Mama plan for eating, if you are interested in it, please consider purchasing the plan book and cookbooks, for further information!*